My interview with Kathleen Ruddy, Chief Executive Officer of St. Baldrick’s is special because she represents an organization that I truly love and have been raising money since 2009. The St. Baldrick’s Foundation is a not-for-profit organization with the aim of raising funds to help find cures for children with cancer. The name of the foundation is not associated with a recognized Saint of the Catholic Church but is founded on wordplay and appropriation of the title of sainthood. Volunteers sponsored by family, friends, and employers shave their heads or “chop” their ponytails in solidarity with children who typically lose their hair during cancer treatment in order to raise funds. Learn more about St. Baldrick’s at http://stbaldricks.org. This video does a great job of explaining why they exist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGOqEJ75xzQ
Creative Courage Chat with Kathleen Ruddy, CEO of the St. Baldrick’s Foundation.
No results found.
- Creative Courage Chat with Poet, Writer, Professor, Editor, Lisa Dowling
- Creative Courage Chat with Cynthia and Julie graphics designers at Imagine Communications
- Creative Courage Chat with Harry Fagel, retired Las Vegas Metro Captain and Poet
- Creative Courage Chat with Rachel Cline Owner of R. Cline Arts gallery.
- Creative Courage Chat with Myisha Williams, Project and Diversity Ambassador